I know what you’re thinking! You love dips! Well that’s OK, so do I!
Even if you’re not a fan of spinach you will love this baja dip. And if you want more heat, well then just throw in some more Frank’s hot sauce. This dip is hot, it’s gooey, cheesy and most importantly, it’s yummy! Isn’t that what make an incredibly good dip? I think it is!
You can make this in any baking dish you choose, but I have had these small ramekins for a while now and I was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use them. And I found it! These ramekins are perfect for this dip. They are the perfect individual size, because trust me, I can eat all that dip.
I think this dip is perfect on a hot summer day, sitting on the patio with your friends and enjoying this delicious baja spinach dip with a great margarita in your hand. What could be better?
- 1 package (6 oz) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 can (14½ oz) Mexican diced tomatoes
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp Frank’s hot sauce
- tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, bring ½ inch of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain well and chop.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes and cream cheese until blended. Stir in the spinach, cheese blend, jalapeno, and hot pepper.
- Transfer to an 8 inch baking dish or individual size ramekins. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 min for the 8 inch baking dish and about 15 min for the ramekins.
- Serve warm with chips.