Well you’ve probably stuffed yourself until you went into a food coma.
At least I have!
I made all my favorites for Christmas: my cabbage rolls, my walnut bread, sex in a pan, great big old turkey with mashed potatoes and my favorite salad. And I ate from everything, although we still have a few leftovers. I have to stop making sex in a pan, that thing is dangerous for me. Just knowing that it’s in the fridge, I can’t stop thinking about it, I dream about it, I wake up and I want it for breakfast, I want it for lunch, you name it. My mind is on it at all times. Thank God it’s gone now, I ate it all!
This is why I give you a healthy appetizer recipe now. Because I care for you and I know you want something lighter. So I give you guacamole deviled eggs, which are good for you, and low in carbs. And I know I need low carbs after everything I ate! These beauties are perfect as an appetizer for New Year, or any party. Whatever, you just have to make these.
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 to 3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp diced tomato
- chile powder (for garnish)
- Peel the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half horizontally, and set the yolks aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and 4 egg yolks; discard the rest, or feed them to your dog, it’s good for them. Mix in lime juice, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Gently fold in tomato.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of the guacamole into the 12 halved eggs. Sprinkle with a little chile powder and arrange on a platter.