We’ve been in Calgary now for a little over 4 years now and I still can’t get used to the weather here. Although I usually complain about how cold it is here, it’s pretty much sunny all the time, so it’s not so bad. But this year it’s been very strange, all winter has not been too bad at all then in April we got lots of snow and cold weather and we went from snowing all week long to hot, sunny and 27 degrees which is about 80 fahrenheit. Not that I’m complaining now but isn’t that strange?
Anyhow, enough about the weather, let me tell you about this amazing brownie with all kind of secret ingredients in it. I love a good chocolate brownie, especially when I have a sweet tooth. So does my husband, he always asks me to make him some brownies. This time I was a bit skeptical to make them because it’s so hot in the house but hey the sweet tooth won the battle, so I made them.
The secret ingredients I was talking about are nestle’s mini kisses, yum, and espresso coffee which makes this brownie rich, super chocolatey with a hint of coffee flavor in them. Trust me, they are to die for. If you have a sweet tooth like me or are craving chocolate, these brownies will do the trick.
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp espresso coffee
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup of hershey's mini kisses
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Start off by melting the butter in the microwave. In a small saucepan add the melted butter and the sugar and under low heat, bring the sugar and butter to a boil then quickly remove off heat.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, salt, baking powder, flour and cocoa powder, coffee and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Now add the butter mixture to this very slowly because you want to prevent the eggs from cooking. So do a couple tablespoons at a time and mix then repeat.
- Let the batter cool then add your chocolate chips in the mixture. In a brownie pan, I usually use a 8x8 inch pan but this time I used a bread pan because I wanted tall brownies, line it with parchment paper then pour the batter in the pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, the edges should be fully baked, but the center should be under baked.
- Let the brownies cool then cut into squares and enjoy!