I love the holidays! My favorite part is all the time off from work. I don’t have to go back till Wednesday so I really am enjoying this time. The weather in Calgary has been unbelievable, there barely is any snow left on the ground. That makes me happy, but I’m sure some people miss the snow. But not me, I’ve been loving the warmer weather, however I am not naive and I know what’s coming. 🙂
Well I had to make cookies one more time before I call it quits with holiday baking. I had these beautiful macademia nuts and I’ve had this coconut macademia cookies recipe for a while now so I decided to make them. I love macademia nuts and I especially love cookies with macademia nuts.
You’ll need a cup and a half of macademia nuts for these cookies.
Pulse the macademia nuts in a food processor a few times. You don’t want them to be too fine, because then you won’t feel them when you bite into the cookie.
In a mixing bowl beat the butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds then add the sugar and baking soda. Continue beating until everything is well combined. Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla to the bowl.
Beat this until everything is combined after which you can add the flour and continue mixing. After the flour is well incorporated add the coconut and the macademia nut and continue beating with the mixer. If the mixture is too thick you can use a wooden spoon to mix in the nuts and coconut.
Using a teaspoon, drop dough by teaspoon 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. You can make these as big as you want.
Bake them for 12 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 F degrees and then let them cool on a wire rack.
This recipe will make about 72 cookies, so you can cut the recipe in half, if you wish.
- ½ cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1½ cups chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking soda and beat till combined. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Add the flour and if you can't mix the entire flour in, use a wooden spoon to mix. Stir in the coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Drop dough by tsp 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.