Oatmeal Candied Chippers – divine and festive cookies.
It’s Friday!! Thank God. I love Fridays, for so many reasons. For one, because the weekend is coming and I don’t have to go to work. Two, I can bake!
Sad I know. But that’s just how I am. I love to bake. Anything! You name it, I’ll bake it. And now with the holidays approaching I have the perfect excuse!!
I admit, I’ve used too many exclamation marks but that’s because I want to get my point across. I love to bake! I’ll tell you another little secret. I’ve been baking almost every night this week. Cookies and bars. God, I love this time of year.
But let me tell you a little bit about these cookies. Did you notice the word oatmeal? Yep, they are oatmeal cookies, which by definition could mean healthy cookies. So I’m sticking with that. Welcome to my version of a healthy cookie which I just had to pair up with what else but M&Ms. So don’t you think these cookies are worth trying? Especially now at Christmas? I mean look how festive they look.
Did I mention they’re delicious?
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 cups uncooked old fashioned or quick oats
- 1⅓ cups M&M candy
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add milk, egg, and vanilla extract; beat well. Add flour, salt and baking soda. Beat until well blended. Stir in oats and M&M candy.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cookies stand 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.