The Ultimate Giant Cookie – with cream cheese, caramel sauce, sea salt, mini chocolate kisses….need I say more?
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!
This weekend I’m celebrating my birthday. I won’t tell you how old I am but I’ll tell you that I’m still a kid at heart and sometimes I feel like I’ve never grown up. But that’s OK. To celebrate my special day, I’ve been thinking what to make to share with you guys, a dessert of sorts. I was first thinking cake, but cake is too much work. So I decided to make the ultimate giant cookie, which I wanted to serve with some great vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, whip cream and my favorite, a maraschino cherry.
But first I had to make the giant cookie, so let me tell you some of the fabulous ingredients in this cookie. We have cream cheese, sea salt caramel sauce and mini kisses. Does this not sound fantastic? But let me tell you, not only is this cookie gorgeous, it’s one of the best cookies I’ve ever had.
The salt gives a new dimension to these cookies and don’t skimp out on it, trust me you’ll want lots of salt because there’s nothing better than a sweet and salty cookie. But yes, no matter how delicious this cookie is, it’s better served with some ice cream and all your favorite toppings because it’s my birthday and this is how I roll!
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup caramel sauce (I used Smuckers)
- 3½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups of Hershey's mini chocolate kisses
- sea salt (for sprinkling on top of cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the butter, cream cheese, the sugars and beat for a couple minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract and caramel sauce and mix until well incorporated, another couple minutes.
- In another bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda together. Add the flour mixture to the mixer and mix for about 30 seconds then add 1½ cups of the kisses to the mixture and mix until the kisses are mixed in well.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out about ¼ cup of cookie dough on a baking sheet and flatten out a bit. Sprinkle some sea salt over each cookie then top with remaining chocolate kisses.
- Bake for about 14 to 16 minutes.