Oh my! These babies are bad! But they’re so good! You can’t stop at just one.
I made these during the holidays and they did not last long. The best part about these babies is the little chocolate peanut butter cups. They’re to die for, that’s if you like peanut butter cups. If you don’t, then simply replace them with regular chocolate chips, but trust me, they really give these muffins that great peanut butter flavor.
So I lied, there’s another great part about these muffins and that’s pairing them up with this praline sauce. Oh my! Pour a bit over each muffin as you serve it and they turn into these delectable little morsels.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate peanut butter cups
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Line a standard-sized muffin tin with liners. Add butter, sugar, sour cream and bananas to the bowl of a mixer. Beat until combined and bananas are mashed. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined, another 2 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Stir in chocolate chocolate peanut butter cups. Pour batter into muffin tins.
- Bake muffins for about 25 to 30 minutes or until fully baked inside, use toothpick to check.
- In the meantime melt butter in a small sauce pan. Add brown sugar and stir. Cook until brown sugar melts and begins to boil then add pecans, milk and vanilla extract. Stir and set aside.
- Serve praline sauce over muffins.