Every summer, I can’t wait for the time when I see fresh figs at the grocery store or at the farmer’s market. This past weekend I was lucky enough and found them. I found these beautiful green figs and I just knew I had to buy a box.
These figs are absolutely delicious, they’re so sweet and amazing, they melt in your mouth. I just knew I had to make a tart with them. This tart has all my favorite ingredients. Fresh figs with pecans, goat cheese and a drizzle of honey. It is unbelievable. It’s sweet from the honey and the figs, yet it’s salty from the goat cheese, and crunchy from the pecans. It truly is a marriage made in heaven!
The figs are fresh, golden and beautiful. We had a hard time not eating all the figs before actually making this tart. And what a beautiful tart. My father was visiting this weekend and he could not wait for the tart to cool down before having a piece. The tart did not disappoint! All my family was impressed and all I saw were smiles on their faces as they were eating the tart.
What more can you wish for? This is how good food brings us together.
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, cold
- cold water
- 10 to 12 fresh figs, cut into quarters
- ½ cup to 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1½ cups crumbled goat cheese
- olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- In a large bowl add the flour and cold butter. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender until it resembles cornmeal. Add the water gradually and form a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 360 F degrees.
- Roll out the pastry dough into a circle and use it to line a 9 inch tart pan or pie pan. Cover the tart with parchment paper and some weights (like dry beans) to prevent the paper to uncover the dough. Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove the paper and the weight and bake for another 10 minutes.
- To fill the tart shell, first add the goat cheese and arrange evenly. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil.
- Arrange the figs on the tart, then add the pecans. Drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.