Breakfast Nacho Burritos – burritos extreme.
These nacho burritos are perfect for a weekend breakfast, they are so filling and most of all delicious. I gotta say it didn’t take me long to make these breakfast burritos. I made them with regular tortillas, beef, potatoes and eggs as the main ingredients. It was a winner at my house. Even the dog enjoyed them and gave me 2 thumbs up, though she always loves whatever I give her.
Start by roughly chopping up a medium onion.
Next, in a large skillet, add the ground beef, you’ll need no more than 1/2 lb of ground beef. Brown the ground meat for a bit.
You’ll also need 2 large potatoes or 3 medium ones, cut into small cubes.
Add the onion and potatoes to the skillet and cook. Also add some salt and pepper to taste.
You’ll need some green pepper for this, but I decided to use half a green bell pepper and half a red bell pepper.
Add the bell pepper to skillet and stir.
While the potatoes are cooking, chop up some green onion, but I didn’t have any so I used some chives, same idea
and some tomatoes.
Next whisk together 5 eggs.
Add the eggs to the skillet and mix well, we don’t want an omelette here, we want scrambled eggs.
Now before you actually add the eggs, make sure that the potatoes are cooked through, we don’t want raw potatoes in our burritos. Once you add the eggs cook for a couple more minutes then remove from heat, and place your burrito mixture in a bowl.
Remember you may also add other spices you wish to the burrito mixture especially if you prefer it hot, but I prefer to add some hot salsa to them when they are done. Next we assemble the burritos, so take a plate, put a tortilla on it and add a couple big tablespoons of the burrito mixture to it.
Roll it up and place it in a baking dish. Repeat until you run out of tortillas and burrito mixture.
Here comes my favorite part. Sprinkle as much cheese as you want over the burritos, then add the tomatoes, green onions and olives. It looks heavenly.
Bake at 400 F degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese melts nicely then take out of the oven and serve.
Mmm, they’re so good.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large potatoes cut in small cubes
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ green/red bell pepper
- 5 green onions chopped
- 1 large tomatoes chopped
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup olives sliced
- 1 cup of shredded mixed cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 8 large tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef for about 5 minutes. Add the chopped onion and potatoes to the skillet and cook until potatoes are cooked through. Add chopped bell pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add eggs and scramble the eggs and cook for a couple minutes more. Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste and any other spices you may wish.
- Place the burrito mixture in a bowl. Assemble the burrito, to each tortilla add 2 or 3 big tablespoonfuls of the burrito mixture and roll them up. Place them in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese tomatoes, green onions and olives over the burritos.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.