Watching your carbs?
No problem, this crustless quiche is perfect. Now I’m not sure you feel about leeks but I love leeks and I wanted to make this quiche a healthy quiche so I used one of my latest favorite ingredients, turkey bacon.
Have you ever had turkey bacon? It’s so delicious. It’s a perfect marriage here with the leeks. This is such an easy quiche to make, especially because it’s crustless. The flavors here were great and what a perfect weekend breakfast.
I baked this inside a tart pan, it was the perfect size, but you could also make this in individual tart or pie baking dishes, those would be perfect to server individual size crustless quiches. So trust me on this, you’ll love this quiche. Now go on and make it and tell me how much you loved it. 🙂
- 8 eggs
- 3 oz swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 leeks, sliced thinly
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cut in small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Grease a tart pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil to it. Add the leeks and saute until leeks are soft and getting slightly caramelized. Add the turkey bacon, and season with salt and pepper. Saute a bit more until bacon is slightly browned. Let cool.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs well, then add buttermilk and cornstarch, whisk well. Add shredded cheese to eggs and mix. Add leeks and bacon to egg mixture and mix.
- Pour egg mixture into the tart pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with veggies on the side.