Eggs and Bacon Bowls – perfect for breakfast, a weekend brunch or even lunch. These bowls are super simple to make, all you need are rolls, eggs and bacon.
I love weekends because I finally have time to make a decent breakfast and enjoy it with my husband. I love these egg bowls, they are quite different than my usual oatmeal breakfast. This breakfast is easy and delicious, not to mention impressive. It’s the perfect breakfast, perfect for a weekend brunch and you could even have this for lunch.
You could actually fill these up with any toppings you like. I filled mine with bacon of course, bocconcini cheese, eggs, and cherry tomatoes. If you’ve never had bocconcini cheese, it’s basically small mozzarella balls the size of an egg usually, or they even have the baby ones, which are the size of a cherry tomato. I love bocconcini, it’s perfect for salads too, especially a Calabrese salad. It’s not a salty cheese, so you will have to add salt and pepper to taste to these eggs.
As far as the bread, you’ll need some crusty rolls, which you need to cut the top off and just scoop out the middle. Very simple to make, and I think kids would really enjoy this type of breakfast.
I’ve made many similar eggs, you can find them in my Breakfast area. I can’t say I have a favorite, I love any type of breakfast.
- 4 crusty round dinner rolls
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled in pieces
- 2 large bocconcini balls, slices
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Place it on paper towels to remove excess fat. Crumble it up in pieces.
- Cut the tops of the rolls and scoop out the middle.
- Start by layering slices of bocconcini equally among the bowls. Next add equal amounts of bacon to each bowl.
- Crack an egg into each bowl, add the cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chives if preferred.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your preference.