Breakfast Turkey Stacks – never underestimate the power of a healthy breakfast, turkey patties, swiss cheese, turkey bacon and eggs = winner!
Yesterday I ate some sardines, something I hardly ever eat, but my husband had opened a can of sardines so I tried some. They were not too bad, but as soon as I ate them, my face swelled up and turned red. Luckily we had benedryl in the house so I took some. Today it’s better but still not completely back to normal. What the heck, I didn’t even know you could have an allergy to sardines and I know I had sardines before and nothing happened. I blame this on getting old, all kinds of weird things happen to you as you get old. If only there was a way to stop aging.
But let me not digress any further because I’m really excited to share with you today’s recipe for these breakfast turkey stacks.
Never underestimate the power of a good healthy breakfast to start your day. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But who says a healthy breakfast has to be boring? This breakfast not only is great looking, it’s delicious, it’s healthy and it’s satisfying!
You could definitely serve this on a bagel, or English muffin, or simply just like this if you’re watching your carbs. The turkey patties are delicious, made from scratch only took a few minutes to prepare and cook, so delicious and fresh. I made this even healthier by using turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. Nothing brings your family together, than a yummy breakfast like this!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices swiss cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tomato, cut in 4 slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl mix together the ground turkey, herbs de provence, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Form 4 burger patties from the mixture.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat. Fry the burger patties in the skillet, 2 at a time, though it depends how big your skillet is. Fry on both sides until brown and cooked through.
- Turn on your broiler.
- Place the turkey patties on a baking sheet and top with cheese slice. Place under the broiler for a couple minutes or until the cheese melts.
- In the meantime fry the eggs to your preference and cook the turkey bacon according to instructions. I just bake mine in the oven until crispy.
- To stack, place each lettuce leaf onto 4 place. Top with tomato slice, turkey patties, turkey bacon, and egg.
- Serve warm.