Healthy turkey meatballs with marinara sauce for only 250 calories a serving. Perfect for lunch or dinner served over mashed potatoes or pasta.
Yep! Yet another meatball recipe!
I’m sorry, I can’t help it. I love my meatballs. But these meatballs are special. They are healthy turkey meatballs. At only 250 calories including the marinara sauce, it’s a winner for those trying to lose a pound or two. How can you say no to that. Now I like to make things easy on myself and I buy the marinara sauce, because although I love to cook and bake, I don’t like to be stuck in the kitchen all day. However, feel free to make your own marinara sauce as it is super simple.
These meatballs are not fried or baked. I cooked them a bit different this time. Because they are made with ground turkey which really has no fat at all, I wanted these meatballs to not be dry, I still wanted a juicy meatball. So I cooked them in the marinara sauce. They turned out fantastic. Juicy and moist and melt in your mouth good. You won’t miss that pork meatball, trust me.
I served these with my easy skinny mashed potatoes but I also made meatball sandwiches with them. Oh my God, the meatball sandwiches were amazing. So no matter how you serve these, your entire family will enjoy them.
- 1.3 lb (500 g) lean ground turkey breast
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Reggiano Parmigiano cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar or 2.5 cups marinara sauce
- Mix all ingredients, minus marinara sauce, together and form into small meatballs. This recipe should make about 30 meatballs.
- In a large pot pour the marinara sauce and gently add the meatballs to it. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to medium low, cover the pot and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve hot.