Baked turkey and mushroom rolls served with spicy salsa.
These turkey and mushroom rolls were so successful at my house, they were gone in no time. The beauty of these rolls is that are made in eggroll wrappers and are baked. I love cooking with eggroll wrappers and wonton wrappers because they are so versatile, you can really fill them with anything and are just super delicious. Of course you can fry them, or you can bake them, it all depends if you care about the extra calories or not.
I chose to use mushrooms for these rolls because I just love mushrooms. For these rolls, I decided to slice and saute the mushrooms, in a little bit of butter and add some salt and pepper to them for flavor. If you don’t want the mushrooms sliced, you could also just chop them up.
I also had a beautiful boneless skinless turkey breast so all I did was boil the turkey breast and seasoned it with some salt and pepper, I boiled it until it was cooked and then I shredded it with a fork. To kick these turkey rolls up a bit, I added some hot sauce to them, and trust me they were so good with the hot sauce. I decided to use some cheddar cheese, well just because everything is better with some gooey cheese on it.
So after the turkey is shredded and cooled, lay out the wrappers, you can do 6 at a time. Place a bit of the sliced mushrooms in each wrapper. Just make sure you divide the mushrooms so you have enough for 12 rolls.
Top each wrapper with shredded turkey.
And finally top with cheddar cheese.
Now just wrap them up as you would wrap eggrolls.
Repeat this with last 6 wrappers. Place these on a wire rack and place the wire rack on a baking sheet. This ensures that the rolls bake all the way around. I also brushed some melted butter over the rolls.
Bake these in a preheat 400 F degree oven for about 12 – 15 minutes, or until they are nice and golden. I served these with some spicy salsa and they were just to die for. 🙂
- 12 eggroll wrappers
- 2 cups of shredded turkey
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sauted mushrooms
- hot sauce to taste
- ¼ cup melted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the shredded turkey with the hot sauce.
- Lay out 6 wrappers at a time. Top the rolls with mushrooms, then the shredded turkey and finally cheddar cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll the eggrolls and repeat with remaining 6 eggrolls.
- Place the eggrolls on a wire rack and place the wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Brush the eggrolls with butter.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until nice and golden.