Steak and Mango Fajitas – the grilled steak and mangoes make a great combination, out of this world.
I have to tell you this, my latest favorite show is Lipstick Jungle. I never would have watched this show because I think the name is stupid, but it happens to be on Netflix and so I thought I’d watch a couple episodes. It’s about 3 powerful women and their life struggles. I’m sad to say it was cancelled after 2 seasons, but I’m really enjoying it, mind you some of the stories are a bit unrealistic, such as Victory dating a multi billionaire, but I just love the characters.
Anyway that has absolutely nothing to do with my recipe today, but I just wanted to share with you, it’s one of those things that make me happy.
I love fajitas and I have a couple fajitas recipes here but this is the first time I made these steak fajitas with mangoes. I have to tell you, these were out of this world. Totally delicious, they are fantastic. I absolutely love the mangoes in these fajitas and the steak is so tasty. Great combination, marriage made in heaven.
- 1 lb (450 g) beef sirloin steak, 1 in/2.5 cm thick
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 2 cups sliced mango
- Trim fat from steak, if necessary. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag. For marinade mixture, stir together oil, lime juice, fajita seasoning and oregano. Reserve 2 tbsp of the marinade and pour the rest of the marinade over meat and seal the bag. Refrigerate for about 4 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a skillet melt butter and add onion slices. Drizzle with reserved marinade mixture. Saute the onion until slightly brown. Set aside.
- Drain steak and discard marinade. Grill steak 14 to 18 minutes for medium-rare or to desired doneness, turning once.
- Thinley slice meat. Serve with onions and sliced mango in warm tortillas.