Bacon and Cheese Perogies – so simple, fabulous and dinner in 15 minutes.
OK, I admit, I did not make these perogies from scratch. But why would you, when you can find perfectly good perogies at the Polish store. I don’t know where you live, but pretty much everywhere I’ve lived before there was always a Polish store. Luckily I have one really close to where we live.
Perogies are not something we have often, but every once in a while I do get in the mood for some good perogies. Now there are many different fillings for these perogies, from sweet fillings to savory. This time I wanted savory perogies because I wanted them for supper. So having said that the perogies I used here are filled with bacon and cheese.
Of course I had to add more bacon to mine so I sauteed some onion and bacon together and used that as my topping for my perogies. To actually cook the perogies is also very simple, just follow the instructions on your package but usually you just add them to some boiling water and boil them for about 8 minutes or so. Now I also grated some fresh Parmesan cheese on mine because I love the flavor of Parmesan cheese and garnished with some chives. This dish is so easy to prepare, and it’s so delicious. Of course you can serve with some sour cream on the side. Simple and fabulous.
- 1 package of 24 bacon and cheese perogies
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- chives for garnish
- sour cream (optional)
- Boil perogies according to package instructions.
- In a skillet add onion and bacon and saute until the bacon is fried and the onion is translucent and a a bit brown in color.
- To plate, place perogies on a plate, sprinkle with onion and bacon mixture, grate some Parmesan cheese over and garnish with chives.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.