I love love love pizza, and I must say that just recently maybe just a few months ago, my husband and I started making pizza at home, and let me tell you we never looked back. Ever since then, we’ve never ordered pizza again. Why? Because our pizza is the best, it’s delicious, fun to make, and you just can’t beat it. I’m not saying I’m a pro or anything, I just find it better than ordering pizza. Just think about it, you could put any toppings you like. For the most time we made our Hungry Man’s Pizza but today we decided to try something different. This gorgeous pizza, has chicken, bacon, feta cheese, mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. It’s amazing.
I’m not showing you how to make pizza dough in this recipe but please see the Hungry Man’s Pizza for complete instructions on how to make easy pizza dough. The pizza dough recipe makes enough for 2 large pizzas, and the dough freezes perfectly. So for this pizza I used frozen dough that I had left over.
Start off by rolling out your pizza dough and placing it on your pizza dish. Next I used store bought barbecue sauce but feel free to make your own. Spread the bbq sauce over the entire pizza.
Now I took 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut them in small strips and stir fried them with just salt and pepper until cooked. You’ll need about 1/2 cup of sliced kalamata olives.
I also fried about 8 strips of bacon and chopped them up.
To the pizza add about 1 cup of crumbled up feta cheese.
Next add the chicken and the bacon to the pizza and arrange it nicely.
Finish off the toppings on the pizza by adding the mushrooms, olives, and tomatoes. Then I added the remainder cup of feta cheese over the top.
Bake at 500 F degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes and you have a beauty.
- dough for one large pizza
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 8 strips bacon
- 2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced and cooked
- ½ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper then stir fry the chicken in a bit of oil.
- Fry the bacon then chop it up.
- Preheat oven to 500 F degrees.
- After rolling out the pizza dough, add the bbq sauce by spreading it evenly over the dough.
- Add ½ the feta cheese, then the chicken and bacon. Add the olives, mushrooms, tomato slices and finish off with the remainder of the feta cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until done.