Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins – spicy and cheesy, the perfect appetizer.
Now this is a fun recipe.
I know it’s a Wednesday, or maybe Thursday depending where you’re at, but I don’t care what day it is, potato skins are great for any day of the week. And there’s nothing easier to make than potato skins. Not to mention how fun and delicious they are.
But you know what’s even better?
Buffalo Chicken potato skins! Yep! I love buffalo chicken, especially since I found Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce, you know the commercial I put that beep on everything, well I do put this sauce on everything. So this is why these potato skins are so easy to make. I microwaved my potatoes first, because I didn’t want to wait for an hour until the potatoes were done, and to speed this up even more I cut the potatoes in half first, then microwaved them. In the meantime shred your chicken breast and toss it with a tablespoon or two of this buffalo wing sauce and it’s to die for. Now when the potatoes are baked, just scoop out the flesh and just leave a little bit on the skins. You can use the potato flesh for later to make some mashed potatoes. Brush the skins with some olive oil and place them under the broiler for a few minutes just until they nice and crisp. Now you can add the chicken, I added some cheddar cheese and some blue cheese and place them under the broiler again for a couple minutes until the cheese melts.
You will love these babies, they’re so full of flavor and so perfect for really any night of the week, not to mention the perfect appetizer for game night.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 tbsp Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Wash potatoes and pat them dry. Cut in half lengthwise and place them in the microwave. Follow your microwave's instructions on baking potatoes. For mine it took about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime shred the chicken and toss it with the buffalo wing sauce.
- Turn broiler on.
- Scoop out the potato flesh and set it aside for later use. Brush potato skins on both sides with olive oil and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes until they're nice and crisp.
- Divide the chicken in 4 and fill each potato skin. Top with cheddar cheese and blue cheese and place under the broiler for a couple more minutes until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with parsley or green onions.