Life is good. It’s the weekend again, it’s super sunny outside, not a cloud in the sky and it’s pretty warm. Life is pretty yummy. Sunny warm weather in January and this crockpot cashew chicken right here. Life is pretty good.
If you don’t own a crockpot I suggest you run right out and get one. It’s the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously.
But forget about crockpots and let’s focus on this chicken right here. Are you one of those people that love to order Chinese food. Go ahead, raise your hand, I’m right there with you. But you know what, you never know what goes in that food, yes they taste great but you always wonder.
Well do not worry anymore, this cashew chicken is right up there with Chinese takeout but you make it at home yourself and you know what goes in your food. It’s all good. It’s a win win situation. Uh, did I mention it’s delicious? It’ll go before you can say I love this chicken!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into smaller pieces
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in a ziploc bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place the chicken in your crockpot.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, bbq sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir.