Shrimp and Crab Dip Stuffed Tomatoes – the most adorable and delicious little appetizers, perfect way to impress your guests.
I love making appetizers, especially cute ones like these stuffed tomatoes. I’ve been waiting to make these for a long time now, but I’ve been waiting to have the perfect stuffing. So I decided to go with a seafood dip which is made with crab, shrimp, cheese and of course some Frank’s hot sauce for some heat.
They were so good, so delicious, you must make these at your next party. Especially if you want to impress your guests, you can’t go wrong with these beauties. Now I didn’t have any chives, so I garnished them with parsley, but I think they would be a lot better with chives for a little onion taste.
By the way, these are cocktail tomatoes, which are a bit bigger than cherry tomatoes as you can see in the pictures, but you could use cherry tomatoes as well.
- 18 cocktail tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked shrimp, roughly chopped
- 1 can crab meat, drained
- 6 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hot sauce, I used Frank's
- Prepare the tomatoes by cutting a very thin portion off the bottom of each tomato so they will sit up straight without rolling over. Slice off the tops of each tomatoes and scoop out the center using a melon scoop or a teaspoon. Refrigerate tomatoes until ready to fill.
- Place all the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- For the next step you can use a small spoon to fill the tomatoes or fill a piping bag and pipe the filling into each tomato.
- Garnish with parsley or chives and serve.You can refrigerate them until ready to serve.