Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce – easy to make, but you’ll want to savor them for as long as possible.
It’s a long weekend here in Canada, it’s the Victoria Day May long weekend. I love long weekends, perfect time for spending with family and enjoying good food and drinks. My starter to this great long weekend are these wonderful smoked salmon quesadillas with creamy chipotle sauce. They are so delicious and they take just minutes to prepare.
The creamy chipotle sauce is amazing. It’s made with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce which I discovered a little while ago and I just love it. The recipe makes about 2/3 cup of this delicious sauce, so you probably won’t be using it all, but I wouldn’t throw it out, it’s like gold, save it and spread it on sandwiches. You’ll love it.
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- fresh cilantro chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the chipotle sauce. In another bowl, mix cream cheese and feta cheese until blended; spread over tortillas. Top half side of each with the salmon, green onions and red pepper; fold over.
- Place quesadillas on a greased griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese has melted. Serve with the chipotle sauce and top with cilantro.