Lazy Linguini with Quail Eggs – easy and delicious creamy pasta served with a quail egg on top.
As I said more quail eggs recipes are coming over the next few days. OK, I know this isn’t really a quail egg recipe, but I made some linguini and why not throw some quail eggs on top. This is how I came up with the name lazy linguini, because it’s a simple simple recipe, and because I just threw some quail eggs on top. So it’s lazy linguini!!
I had to include this picture of the quail eggs again in this post, because I just think they are so adorable. Aren’t they? So cute, you almost don’t want to cook them …. almost!
Now don’t knock this dish till you try it. This dish was delicious. I used mascarpone cheese and fresh parmesan cheese in the sauce, so it’s nice and creamy from the mascarpone. There’s also quite a bit of spice to it from the chili flakes. I loved this dish, it’s simple, it’s quick and perfect for any night of the week. A fantastic meal you can have in 30 minutes. You may think the addition of the quail egg is weird, but trust me it’s very nice. Obviously you can use chicken eggs if you don’t have quail eggs, and it wouldn’t matter.
- 1 package of linguini, cooked to package instructions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- pinch of chili flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 quail eggs
- Cook linguini according to package instructions.
- Fry the quail eggs in a pan with a little bit of oil.
- In a skillet melt butter and heat with olive oil. Add the garlic and chili flakes to the butter and cook for a minute. Season with salt and pepper. Add mascarpone cheese and whisk well until cheese is melted. Do not overcook as it will curdle. Remove skillet from heat. Add chopped basil and mix.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss it well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve pasta with a quail egg on top of each serving.