Crunchy Asian Salad – perfect summer lunch, nice and healthy and super easy to make!
I’m so happy to share this guest post with you for this yummy Crunchy Asian Salad from Elizabeth on behalf of ReadySetEat.
I love eating salads in the summer! What better season is there to enjoy a salad in, after all? Slaw is always delicious, too, and it’s fun to see how everyone puts their own spin on it. Some people use broccoli slaw, instead of coleslaw, and then others like to thrown in bell peppers or mustard. Kale slaw is nothing to sneeze at, either! Corn slaw would be worth trying, too. The list goes on and on. This Crunchy Asian Salad recipe is another variation of slaw, and it incorporates a number of ingredients to give it a great texture and flavor. Coleslaw, edamame, bean sprouts, bell peppers, and chow mein noodles come together to make this dish stand out.
This salad will pair perfectly with grilled salmon, grilled chicken, or almost anything else grilled! The best part is that you won’t have to turn on the oven once to make this side. Check out these dinner ideas if you want a little extra help in choosing the main course. These pasta salad recipes are perfect for summer, too!
- • 2 tablespoons La Choy® Soy Sauce
- • 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- • 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- • 1 tablespoon Peter Pan® Creamy Peanut Butter
- • 3 cups tri-color coleslaw mix
- • 1 can (14 oz each) La Choy® Bean Sprouts, drained, rinsed
- • 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
- • ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- • 6 tablespoons La Choy® Chow Mein Noodles, optional
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, oil and peanut butter in large bowl. Add coleslaw mix, bean sprouts, edamame and bell pepper; toss to combine. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles, if desired. Serve immediately.
Author Bio: This is a guest post by Elizabeth L. on behalf of ReadySetEat. Visit www.readyseteat.com to find easy recipes for dinner. Elizabeth loves to write about food and, of course, likes to make food, too! She often focuses on healthy meals and enjoys trying new foods.