Zucchini Patties with Provolone and Parmesan Cheese. Yum!
I love these zucchini patties. These patties are an excellent way to use up those extra zucchinis that you have and have no clue what to do with. My patties are a bit different because I’m using provolone cheese, but of course if you don’t have provolone you can use mozzarella cheese. These cheesy patties are so delicious and decadent, they’ll become a staple in your home. Once I made these with a cheese mix that I had, mozzarella, provolone, asiago and parmesan and they turned out amazing, so feel free to use whatever your favorite cheese is or whatever you have on hand.
Grate the zucchini in a medium size bowl. In the recipe I say 3 or 4 zucchini, but I ended up using only 2 large ones. Strain as much of the water as you can from them with paper towels. Add the remaining ingredients to the zucchini.
Now mix everything well, get your hands in there and get dirty. If you find the mixture is too wet, add a bit more flour, especially if you didn’t remove all the water from the zucchini. I actually ended up using half a cup of flour for mine. Your mixture should look like this:
In a medium or large skillet, heat a bit of oil and turn the heat to medium. Take a spoon and drop a tablespoon of the zucchini mixture in the skillet, or use your hands to form a ball then flatten it for a patty.
It will take a few minutes per side, about 3 or 4 minutes, then flip them over and fry on the other side.
Repeat with the remaining zucchini mixture. If you’re not a zucchini fan, I still think you’ll like these, they are so cheesy and just delicious. I love anything with provolone and Parmesan cheese in them.
That’s what I’m having for lunch today. 🙂
- 2 cups of grated zucchini (about 3 or 4 depending on size)
- 1 cup of provolone cheese grated (or mozzarella)
- ½ cup good Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup of flour
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- dill chopped
- some oil for frying
- Start with grating the zucchini and then strain all of the water from them using paper towels.
- In a large bowl add the zucchini, Parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, onion, flour, bread crumbs, onion, eggs and the salt and pepper and mix really well.
- In a skillet heat a small amount of oil, and drop small amounts of the zucchini mixture by tablespoonfuls and fry on both sides until golden brown.