Last updated on January 18th, 2017 at 10:43 am
Mini Tiramisu Cheesecakes – mini decadent tiramisu cheesecakes with the classic flavors of the Italian tiramisu. Smooth and creamy, ideal for any occasion!
Well this might be my last dessert recipe for the year, don’t hold me to that, but I thought we’d end the year with an amazingly decadent dessert such as these incredible mini tiramisu cheesecakes. While these are going to be perfect for your Christmas dessert, these little morsels really are ideal for any occasion. So why not end this year in style and make these mini morsels and impress all your guests, and they will be impressed.
I even impressed myself and as I sit here and type this post to you, my belly is happy and full after having a couple of those cheesecakes. I mean what’s to feel guilty about? At 185 calories, have a couple! I sure did! And then gave some to my friend for her kids, because it’s Christmas after all and I’m all about the giving.
I used my favorite mini cheesecake pan for this because I just love it. You get 12 perfect little cheesecakes and they are the perfect size. Not too big, and just enough to get that sweet tooth satisfied. However if you don’t have one, you can use an 8×8 inch baking pan and that should work just fine, just cut them into small 2×2 inch pieces.
The cake batter is quite simple to make, only a few ingredients, and because the cakes are so small, it only takes about 10 minutes to bake them.
Once baked you want to make sure you poke some holes in them using a fork and brush some of that coffee/rum mixture all over them, be generous because you want them nicely soaked. You could even take out the cakes and soak them for a second in the coffee/rum mixture. Then you just fill them generously with the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate for a couple hours.
Then you just dust them with some cocoa powder, I also sprinkled some shaved chocolate over them, and topped them with some mint and raspberries for those wonderful Christmas colors. Festive little fellas, aren’t they? They’re yummy too, but you don’t have to take my word for it, go ahead and make some.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Here are some items you may need to make this recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp rum
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Spray the bottom of each cup of your mini cheesecake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the eggs and granulated sugar to your mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract, pinch of salt and flour and beat for another 30 seconds or so until well incorporated.
- Spoon about a tbsp or so of the mixture into each cup, there should be enough cake batter for all 12 cups.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Get the coffee mixture ready by coming the brewed coffee and the rum together.
- In a small bowl add the gelatin and water and stir well. Microwave the gelatin for 10 seconds, the liquid should become clear and all the gelatin dissolved.
- Add the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, icing sugar, rum and gelatin mixture to the mixer of your bowl and beat well until everything is well incorporated, about 2 minutes. Fold in the whipped cream.
- After you take the mini cakes out of the oven, poke holes in them with a fork. Brush the coffee mixture generously over the cakes. You could even take the cakes out and soak them in the coffee, but make sure they don't get too mushy, you still want them to hold their shape.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture into each cup over the cake, making sure to fill them all the way to the top. There should be more than enough cheesecake mixture to fill all 12 cups.
- Refrigerate cheesecakes for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Before serving dust the cakes with some cocoa powder and top with a raspberry if preferred. You should be able to easily remove them from the tray, by pushing up the bottom of the cup, if you're having difficulty getting the cakes out, take a knife and run it around the edge of the cakes.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Other Mini Cheesecakes You Might Like