Pumpkin Cheesecake Monkey Bread – a sinfully delicious monkey bread perfect for breakfast or fun to eat as a snack. A pull-apart masterpiece!
What a fabulous week! I never thought I’d say that about a work week. But it was a short week plus yesterday I went to a cooking class in Canmore sponsored by my work. It was more like a cooking demo but fun nonetheless. We ate and drank and the chef talked about her recipes and learned about new ingredients. It was wonderful and I’m looking forward to sharing a couple of the recipes I learned with you here.
I’m also excited to share this wonderful recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake monkey bread because I was inspired by one of you, my favorite people, my readers who gave me the idea to make a pumpkin monkey bread. Of course I didn’t need a lot of convincing seeing how much I love to bake. But I especially love making monkey bread because they are so much fun and easy to make.
Monkey bread also goes by many names, monkey brains, bubble bread or pull apart bread. But no matter what its name is, one thing is for sure. It’s a sinfully delicious sweet bread that everyone will love and enjoy eating. So while I have a few variates of monkey bread here on my blog, I don’t know if I can pick a favorite. This one is definitely yummy, especially now since I think is the right season for pumpkin monkey bread, because believe it or not, fall is here. And snow is here next week for us Calgarians, but that’s a story for another time.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Pumpkin Cheesecake Monkey Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large ziploc bag and the white sugar and the pumpkin pie spice and mix.
- Open all the cans of biscuits and each biscuit into quarters. Add the biscuit pieces to the bag, seal it and shake it around until all the biscuit pieces are coated in the sugar/pumpkin pie spice mix.
- Don't give up, keep shaking until each piece is nicely coated. Pour the pieces into a bundt pan and set it aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat brown sugar, butter, pumpkin and cream cheese over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melt it. Whisk the batter until mostly smooth, there may be some tiny pieces of cream cheese, but that's ok. Pour the mixture over the biscuit pieces in pan. Place the pan on a cookie sheet to catch any spills, if needed.
- Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for a couple minutes, then turn the cake out of the pan onto a cake plate.
If you’re like me and enjoy any kind of monkey bread, try the following below:
Or for a savory version try the Pizza Bubble Ring