Last updated on February 3rd, 2017 at 05:13 pm
Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars – apple pie, cookies, cheesecake; all rolled into one. Delicious rich flavors of salted caramels, apples and cinnamon and luscious cheesecake!
Did I ever tell you that cheesecake is by far my all time favorite dessert. There’s no question about it that when I go into a restaurant and if I have any type of dessert, 99% of the time I will always order cheesecake. I mean there has to be some extraordinary dessert on the menu that catches my eye to make me stray from the norm. But I’m ok with that, I am a creature of habit after all. And I have had all sort of cheesecakes in my day, and I’ve never met a cheesecake I didn’t love, but maybe I’m biased here.
I know you guys probably have had enough of salted caramel desserts, but I’m just getting started so bear with me. But these bars are not really about the salted caramel sauce, which by the way I just use store bought caramel sauce, but feel free to make your own. These squares are about the cheesecake and the apples. It’s no secret that I also like apple pie, so why not combine two of my favorite desserts together, cheesecake and apple pie. It’s really no rocket science here. While most apple cheesecake bars call to put the apples and some sort of streusel topping over the top of the bars, here I went against the norm and mixed the apples with the cheesecake together. And why not?
Anywho, you have got to try these bars. If you’re like me and buy the big bags of apples from Costco then struggle eating all of them before they go bad, this is a great use of some of those apples, even though you only use a couple of them. Hey, that would make this dessert healthy, after all an apple a day keeps the doctor away, which really means you should be eating about half of these cheesecake squares in order to keep the doc away. Get at it!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For Cheesecake Filling
- 16 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 large apples peeled, cored and sliced in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sugar
- caramel sauce I used store bought
- sea salt
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper, spray it with cooking spray first so that the parchment paper sticks to the pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the melted butter, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, sugar and the graham cracker crumbs. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press evenly. It might be easier to use the bottom of a glass to press the crumbs down to make a thin layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking make the cream cheese mixture. To the bowl of your mixer add the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and pinch of salt. Beat on medium high for at least 5 minutes or until the mixture is smooth.
- In a medium bowl mix together the apples with the sugar and cinnamon. Gently fold in the prepared apples into the cheesecake mixture. Pour the cream cheese filling over the crust in the baking pan. Level the top off with a spatula.
- Bake uncovered for about an hour or until the filling is set. Let the cheesecake cool completely before slicing into it.
- Once the cake is cooled slice it into 2 inch squares. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt.