Last updated on February 21st, 2018 at 12:36 pm
This beautiful Crescent Bacon Breakfast Ring will be everyone’s weekend breakfast of choice, it’s loaded with bacon, eggs and cheese. Perfect for brunch as well.
I don’t know about you but I love weekend breakfasts. I love weekends, but that’s the subject of another discussion. But I try to make a nice and special breakfast every Sunday morning that both hubs and I enjoy.
So when I looked in the fridge and saw this lonely can of Pillsbury crescents, I knew I had to use it to make something delicious with it. This gorgeous breakfast ring came to mind and of course I always have bacon on hand, so I decided to make it with bacon. Did I tell you bacon is one of my favourite foods? I’m sure I did at some point in time.
I love Pillsbury crescents, they’re so versatile and I make all kinds of things with them. Of course you could also make your own dough for this breakfast, but why slave in the kitchen when you don’t have to. So this is such a quick breakfast and so delicious, you could literally use any ingredients. Perfect Sunday breakfast.
What’s your idea for a perfect weekend breakfast?
Craving more delicious breakfasts? Try these:
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Rolls
- Eggs in Cheesy Purgatory
- Bacon Omelette Goat Cheese Ciabatta Breakfast Sandwiches
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 8 oz crescent dough I used 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury crescents
- 8 slices bacon fried
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg for egg wash, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and add the chopped peppers to it and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the eggs in a skillet so that they're scrambled.
- Lay out the crescent on a parchment pepper, like a star as shown in the picture above.
- On each crescent lay a piece of bacon. Add half of the cheese around the ring. Add the scrambled eggs around the ring and top with remainder of the cheese.
- Fold the crescents over. You may now brush with the egg wash if you prefer, I did because it gives the ring a nice and golden colour.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the crescents are cooked and golden brown.
Make ahead: This can be prepared the night before and refrigerated until ready to bake.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!