This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These baked egg boats are perfect for a weekend breakfast, made with chorizo sausage, feta cheese and eggs. This is one delicious breakfast.
Do you realize it’s only a month till Christmas? For the first time I have actually almost finished my Christmas shopping before the end of November. This never happens to me. I’m usually a December 23rd or 24th shopper. Pretty sad. It’s a busy time of the year for everyone, so during this time I’m all about great delicious breakfasts on a weekend morning so that you can go face the day on a full stomach. These baked egg boats are perfect to start your day.
I love love love these baked egg boats! Eggs, feta cheese, smoked chorizo sausage in a crusty baguette, what’s better than that. Let me just say that I love my big breakfasts on weekends and I love eggs. I love to make omelettes, frittatas, baked eggs, poached eggs, you name it. I’m all about a big breakfast on the weekends. If I didn’t work during the week I’d probably make a big breakfast every single day. But maybe not, I guess that’s what makes weekends special. But enough about that, check out these egg boats and give them a try.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Baked Egg Boats
- 4 demi baguettes about 10 inches long
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 link smoked chorizo sausage about 6 inches
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley or green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cut a deep “V” through the tops of each baguette until about a 1/2 inch to the bottom. Partially unstuff the baguettes. Set aside.
- Place the eggs into a mixing bowl and lightly beat. Whisk in the sausage and cheese and lightly season with salt and pepper. Not much salt may be necessary as the feta cheese is pretty salty.
- Divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and set in the center. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Garnish with parsley or green onions if preferred.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve.