This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It’s Sunday. I love weekends. Main reason is because I love to make a nice big breakfast. I had previously posted on my blog Creamy Parmesan Baked Eggs, and those were good.
But that was just the beginning. There’s so much more you can do with this recipe, so much more. So today I decided to venture out and see what could happen. And this is how Baked Eggs with Leeks, Tomatoes and Prosciutto came about. I decided to layer this dish, a layer of leeks, a layer of egg, a layer of whipping cream and Parmesan cheese, then some cherry tomatoes and some Prosciutto, and then more egg and cheese…..you get the idea right? It does sound yummy, right.
Well it is! And you must try it.
Since I was so adventurous, I decided to go with 3 eggs this time, that’s right, 3 eggs and lots of layers.
That was brilliant. Best baked eggs ever!
Start by buttering your ramekins
Now, crack an egg over it, add about a tablespoon of the whipping cream, grate some Parmesan cheese, and add a couple of cherry tomato halves.
Crack egg number 2, add a slice of prosciutto that’s been sliced up, more Parmesan cheese, and more tomatoes.
Now maybe a normal person would stop now and say to him/herself that’s enough. Not I! I went on and added egg number 3, a bit more whipping cream and more Parmesan cheese, a couple more tomatoes and some parsley for garnish.
Why stop at 2 when you can have 3! Now doesn’t that just look gorgeous? Who wouldn’t want to eat this beautiful thing?
Bake it in the oven at 350 F degrees for about 20 minutes or until they are done to your liking, you may like it gooey, you may not.
You like? I know, me too.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Baked Eggs with Leeks, Tomatoes and Prosciutto
- 1 large leek or 2 small sliced up in thin slices
- 4 tbsp of whipping cream
- 6 eggs
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices of prosciutto chopped up
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Butter the ramekins.
- Saute the leeks in the butter for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide the leeks among the two ramekins. Crack and egg in each ramekin, add 1 tbsp of whipping cream in each and grate some Parmesan cheese over the egg.
- Add 1 slice of the prosciutto to each ramekin, crack another egg, add some tomatoes, and more Parmesan cheese.
- Crack the last egg in each ramekin, add the tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.