This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Corn and Chive Pancakes with Bacon and Eggs – amazing weekend breakfast, perfect way to start your day. Pancakes, eggs and bacon, breakfast of champions.
I have the perfect weekend breakfast for you. I cannot begin to tell you how much I love these pancakes. They’re savory pancakes packed with corn and chives and so freaking delicious. This right here is the breakfast of champions.
Now I don’t know about you, but I’m a breakfast kind of person. I could eat breakfast food all day long. As a matter of fact there have been quite a few times that we’ve had eggs for dinner and let me tell you they are great.
This breakfast right here though is perfect and let me tell you why. The pancakes are savory, yet if you choose to have them alone with just some maple syrup, that would be fine. If you choose to have them as I did, fry an egg, chop up an avocado, tomatoes, and fry some bacon. It could not get any better.
It’s a great day today my peeps. It’s Friday, the weekend is starting and the weather if finally warming up. Life is great. All you need to do now this great weekend is make this awesome breakfast.
Now for a pancake joke, yes I feel I haven’t given you a joke in a while, so I’m here to make up for it.
Q: What did one pancake say to the other pancake?
A: See you on the flip side.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Corn and Chive Pancakes with Bacon and Eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup corn frozen
- 1/4 tsp alt
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado ripe
- 1 lime
- 8 slices bacon fried and cut in small pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes cut in smaller pieces
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, egg and milk in a bowl until smooth. Add chopped chives, corn and shredded cheese to batter and gently stir until well combined.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and the peeled and pitted avocado. Place tomatoes and avocado in a small bowl and drizzle with juice from 1/2 a lime and toss. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle about a tsp of olive oil into a small frying pan over medium heat and add a ladleful of batter and spread it out to the edges of the pan. Flip when golden and remove to a plate once done. Repeat until you finish the batter.
- Fry the eggs according to your preference.
- To serve, place a pancake onto a plate. Top with an egg, some avocado and tomato mixture and bacon.