Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:28 am
Mushroom Spinach and Goat Cheese Baked Eggs – one of my favorite breakfasts, baked eggs over a bed of mushrooms and spinach and topped with goat cheese.
I love weekend breakfasts, taking my time in the kitchen on a Saturday morning making delicious breakfasts and cooking with ingredients like goat cheese, mushrooms, and spinach. I especially love the goat cheese, creamy, salty and tangy, it’s amazing. This skillet breakfast here is my idea of a hearty breakfast and throwing in some veggies in there, because we could never get enough veggies in our diets.
I know some people don’t like mushrooms, but I love them. I love to cook my mushrooms in a little bit of butter or olive oil and just cook them until they’re golden and they start smelling all delicious and incredible. Lightly season them with some salt and pepper and I love eating them just like that on their own. Sometimes I’ll even throw in a little bit of garlic and boom, you got an explosion of flavor.
And that’s just what I did for this breakfast here. And it smelled heavenly. And it tasted even better. I especially like cremini mushrooms, but even some baby portobello mushrooms would work great here. Once the mushrooms are cooked to your liking, throw in the spinach and just lightly cook it until it’s wilted.
Not only is the spinach good for you, but it gives the breakfast a nice splash of green color. In goes your eggs, tomatoes and my favorite, goat cheese. You can crumble yours up, or cut it into small cubes as I did with mine.
All you need to do now is bake it for around 5 minutes or so and breakfast is ready to be served.
Mushroom Spinach and Goat Cheese Baked EggsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced 175 g
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 oz spinach 60 g
- 2 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half or 1 medium tomato chopped
- parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms turn golden. Add spinach and cook until spinach has wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Crack the eggs over the mushroom and spinach and season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped tomatoes and goat cheese over the eggs.
- Bake the eggs for about 5 minutes or until done to your liking. Garnish with parsley.