This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Spinach Salad with Avocado Cilantro Dressing – super healthy delicious salad! At only 168 calories per serving you can have 2 servings and not feel guilty!
How about a salad this Saturday? Why not?It’s healthy, good for you and OMG so freaking delicious. I gobbled this salad so fast, I forgot to breathe in between bites.
But first of all let me just tell you how happy I am that the weather is finally warming up for a few days! Life is great, isn’t it? I’m so ready for spring I can’t even begin to tell you. There’s something about warmer weather that just makes me want to eat awesome salads so that’s what inspired me to make this fabulous salad.
I’m in love with avocados lately, so I put them in everything, so this is why I put them in this salad dressing together with some cilantro, garlic and not olive oil my friends, this time I used plain Greek yogurt. Can you say super healthy? This salad is packed with vitamin A and C, high in phosphorous and niacin. Well in case that means nothing to you, it’s just plain good for you! You will feel so healthy eating this and after you’re done, but not only that, you will be satisfied, trust me! I loved it so much I ate 2 servings and even at 2 servings it’s still only 500 calories so you can’t go wrong!
I think even your kids will love this salad and this is a great way to get them to eat their spinach. Come on, spinach is a super food, so many health benefits from nourishing the eyes, to building bones and giving you a radiant complexion and also eases constipation and keeps you free of ulcers. This salad is a must!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Chicken Spinach Salad with Avocado Cilantro Dressing
Chicken Spinach Salad
- 4 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 chicken breast cooked, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes cut in small pieces
- 1/2 English cucumber cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper cut in small pieces
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- To make the dressing, put all the dressing ingredients in a blender or a magic bullet and blend until smooth. Dressing will be a bit thicker, you can add more yogurt if you want it thinner.
- In a bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together or you can arrange by ingredients like pictured above. Pour salad dressing over and serve.