This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Nacho Soup – so creamy, so cheesy, so tasty, perfect for a cold winter night.
I cannot believe there are only 4 weeks left till Christmas and I haven’t even started Christmas shopping, decorating or anything. I used to be on top of these this but over the past few years I’ve noticed I tend to wait until a week before Christmas to do all my shopping. Not sure why, probably just because I’m busy. But thankfully I can shop online, so I think that’s what I’ll do this year.
Anyway I’m excited to share today’s recipe with you because it’s one of my favorite soups. If you like thick creamy and cheesy soups then this one is for you. I used half a rotisserie chicken to save myself time and it’s a perfect use of those chickens and not to mention, I think they’re cheaper than buying a whole uncooked chicken. You know what else would be perfect here, is left over turkey, and I’m sure you have lots of that after Thanksgiving. This soup is so good and it’s so thick, I just love dipping my nachos in it. Perfect for a cold winter day, which is what we’re having here.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Chicken Nacho Soup
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 can corn
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup tortilla chips crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- shredded cheese for topping
- cilantro or parsley optional
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a soup pot or dutch oven. Add onion and saute until onion is translucent. Add garlic and jalapeno and saute for another minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese melts then add the crumbled nachos, this will help thicken the soup. Add shredded chicken, corn and salsa and stir. Add chicken broth, hot sauce, tomato paste, and salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes. If soup is too thick add additional chicken broth or water until desired consistency.
- To serve, top with shredded cheese and cilantro.