Last updated on October 29th, 2017 at 10:45 pm
Skinny Thai Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce – healthy baked chicken meatballs with Thai flavors and smothered in a sweet and slightly spicy peanut sauce.
SNOW! It’s snowing outside. Well I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. But I can’t complain, we’ve had a nice fall so far. But this post is not about the weather, it is about food, specifically meatballs.
Meatballs! Love. Love. Love meatballs. Any kind of meatballs! So here’s why I think these meatballs deserve the word skinny in the title. Two things. Lean ground chicken and they are baked. Yum!
But you know what I love about these meatballs the most? It’s that sauce, oh my, that sauce has coconut milk, red curry paste, and peanut butter. You know what happens when you put all these together? You get one hell of a delicious sauce. And those meatballs sure do love that sauce and they soak it up nicely.
These meatballs are perfect over rice, some mashed potatoes, and of course over some noodles. I enjoyed eating them just like that, just with the sauce, they’re so good smothered in that sauce, sweet with a hint of spicy, love those Thai flavors.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Skinny Thai Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce - healthy baked chicken meatballs with Thai flavors and smothered in a sweet and slightly spicy peanut sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Place parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together well. Form the meatballs into small 1 inch balls. Place meatballs on prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
- In the mean time you can make the sauce. Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan or skillet. Add the red curry paste and cook for a couple minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to sauce and toss so that the meatballs are fully coated. Garnish with parsley or cilantro.
- Serve with a side of mashed potatoes or rice.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.