This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
OK, so maybe these aren’t really tostadas. I’m not sure what to call them.
But I wanted them served on these beautiful flat breads I bought, so the only thing I could think of was tostadas, so tostadas they are. So just work with me here because this meal is so good, you’ll thank me. And you know me, I love simple recipes that you don’t have to slave over for hours, unless it’s baking, if it’s baking I don’t mind spending hours. But not for cooking, especially when you’re hungry and you want a quick meal. So here it is, my friends. A quick, delicious meal that is way better than eating at a restaurant.
I’m not one that usually buys flank steak, not sure why, this is probably the 3rd time I bought it and cooked it. But it works here. Trust me. I grilled it under the broiler for about 15 minutes, but it depends, just grill it until it’s nice and crispy on the outside and the inside will be medium rare, so if you want it more rare, don’t keep it as long and place the oven rack closer to the broiler, my oven rack here was in the middle. I sauted some onions and some peppers and served them with the flank steak, topped them with some feta cheese and tomatoes and oh my, you’ve got your dinner.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Flank Steak Tostadas
- 4 10 " flat breads tortillas or corn tortillas would work just as well
- 1 flank steak mine was just under a lb
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 bell peppers sliced (I used different colored bell peppers)
- 2 tsp Tex Mex seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees and set to broiler. Set your rack in the middle.
- Season the flank steak with salt and pepper and chili powder for a bit of a kick. Add a tbsp of olive oil to an oven proof skillet.Place flank steak in the skillet and place the skillet in the oven. Once the top side is crispy to your liking flip it over and broil for another 7 minutes or so. Remove from oven, cover in aluminum foil and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, saute the onion with the bell peppers in the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season with the Tex Mex seasoning and add additional salt and pepper if needed. Saute until onion is caramelized.
- Slice the flank steak into thin slices. Assemble your tostadas by layering onion and peppers, steak, then top with tomatoes, feta cheese and garnish with parsley.