This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I don’t make a lot of casseroles usually, mostly because it makes too much food and we don’t like to eat leftovers, but I do make exceptions.
This is one of them! So just think of this for a moment.
Tater tots, cheese, and a ground beef mixture. It screams Mexican food! And it’s impossible not to love it.
It’s true this casserole is irresistible, it’s true this casserole is mouth watering, and it’s true this casserole is cheesy, spicy, and makes you want to beg for more.
That’s all I have to say here, the rest I leave up to you.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Mexican Tater Topped Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 green/yellow pepper chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can 11 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup creamed corn 1 small can
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 package or 16 oz tater tots
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 small tomato seeded chopped
- In a Dutch oven cook the beef, onion, pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in spices such as salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, chili powder, and cumin. Stir in creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup,oregano and half of the cheese and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish and top with tater tots. Cover and bake at 350 F degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for another 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Top with chopped tomatoes and green onions and serve.