Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:38 am
Buffalo Chicken and Grilled Cheese Sandwich – spicy, cheesy and yummy! This sandwich is perfect when you’re in a hurry for lunch, simple and delicious.
If you like hot and spicy foods, then this buffalo chicken and grilled cheese sandwich is for you. Although it may not look very spicy, trust me when I say it was. Regardless, this sandwich is incredible! It is so much better than a regular chicken salad sandwich, there is so much more flavor in it. They were so good, my husband said they were the best sandwiches he ever ate. Well it’s not that hard to achieve this from him, since sandwiches are his favorite food. But I can still surprise him with rich flavors. And this sandwich has that and more.
So I mentioned it’s spicy, but it’s cheesy too. This sandwich comes packed with 3 different types of cheese. I used cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and of course blue cheese. So I urge you to try this beauty, but don’t say I did not warn you about the spiciness.
I think of sandwiches as somewhat of a healthy food, so that’s why I served it with some carrots and celery sticks and so blue cheese dip.
Buffalo Chicken and Grilled Cheese SandwichPrint Pin Rate
- Heat the grill. I use an indoor panini maker
- Mix the chicken, with the hot sauce, mayonnaise, celery, onion, 1/4 cup of blue cheese, mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. If you prefer add salt and pepper to taste, but it's not necessary.
- Butter each slice of bread and top with a tbsp of blue cheese on 3 of the slices.
- Divide the chicken mixture in 3 and top 3 of the slices of the chicken mixture and next the other slice of bread.
- Grill the sandwiches for 2 to 4 minutes, until golden brown and cheese has melted.