Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:34 am
Chipotle Popcorn Chicken – so much fun to eat and so delicious! Little morsels of chicken dipped in a spicy batter and fried to perfection!
It’s a crazy time here. We bought a house and we’re moving in a couple weeks. There is so much to do with moving, it’s such a tiring experience, but also a fun and exciting one. Needless to say with everything going on I have not had time to cook a lot, nor was I in the mood to cook. However we have to eat, so today I decided enough take out or eating out so I made popcorn chicken.
But a while ago I discovered Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce and ever since then I’ve been trying to create new recipes to use it in, because I love it so much! So here is an awesome recipe; Chipotle Popcorn Chicken.
Popcorn chicken is such a fun way to eat and I bet kids would love this. If you are making this for kids use a bit less chipotle peppers so the chicken doesn’t come out too spicy, I’d use 1/4 cup instead of 1/2.
This chicken is amazing. This recipe makes quite a lot of popcorn chicken, so we gave some to our neighbour. The guy loved the chicken, he was back in a few minutes hugging me and telling me how much he loved it, so trust me you can’t go wrong with this chicken. Everyone will love it.
Chipotle Popcorn Chicken
- In a bowl whisk together buttermilk, egg, cornstarch, salt, pepper and chipotle peppers.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken in the batter and let it sit for at least a couple hours in the fridge.
- Pour some panko breadcrumbs in a shallow plate.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs, add more breadcrumbs as needed, and fry on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Place on paper napkins to soak up some of the oil. Repeat with all chicken pieces. Only add a few pieces of chicken to the skillet at a time, so the chicken turns out crispy.