Last updated on March 27th, 2017 at 07:51 pm
One Pot Chicken Fajitas with Pappardelle – in under 30 minutes you could have yourself a hearty and delicious dinner made with yummy chicken fajitas and pappardelle pasta.
Have you ever cooked with Pappardelle before? They’re like regular pasta, except they’re very broad, flat pasta noodles and something interesting that I just learned is that the name derives from the verb “pappare” which means to gobble up. How cool is that? So basically that just means you’re going to gobble up this pasta, which I’m pretty sure you would because it’s so gobbilicious. Ok I expected that word to be highlighted in red but it actually exists. And here I thought I made up a word!
I bought this pappardelle pasta at a cool little cheese store I visited a couple weeks ago where I bought some great mascarpone cheese, some salted chocolate caramel sauce, which I’m just dying to use, and this pappardelle pasta. However, you should be able to find pappardelle pasta in your local grocery store where all the fresh pasta is.
I wasn’t even aiming at making a one pot meal, but it just ended up like that. I love cooking simple meals, especially the ones that take me less than half hour because even though I’m a food blogger I still prefer to not slave over the stove in the middle of the summer, I’d much rather be outside on my deck reading a good book and soaking up some sunshine.
I’ll be serious with you here, I wasn’t in the mood to cook today, but hubs came home and said he was hungry, so I looked in my fridge and it was almost empty. Though I always have chicken on hand and I had some green peppers. That just screamed fajitas to me! So that’s how this interesting or weird meal evolved. If you want to spice this up a bit you could use more taco seasoning or even throw in some hot sauce.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into long thin strips
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper julienned
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 12 oz pappardelle pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Season chicken breasts with 2 tbsp of the taco seasoning. In a large skillet add the 2 tbsp of olive oil and heat over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add chicken breast and cook for about 5 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and starts to brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet add the onion, bell pepper and season with the remaining 1 tbsp of taco seasoning. Cook until onion is translucent and begins to brown, another 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth and pappardelle. The pappardelle should only require about 5 minutes to cook. As the pasta cooks the sauce will reduce a bit. Add chicken to skillet and season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve while warm.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.