Last updated on May 19th, 2017 at 03:20 pm
I remember a few months back, a friend and I went for lunch and she was so excited to take me to this fried chicken place, she kept insisting how it was the best fried chicken ever. So I agreed and off we went and had some fried chicken. Well, I was not impressed at all; the chicken was super greasy and heavy and I literally felt sick after. This is why I prefer to “oven fry” or bake my chicken. Without sacrificing on taste, you always end up with great crispy and flavorful chicken.
So today I’ve got a super easy recipe for you to make super crispy chicken. These yummy chicken tenders are generously breaded with Pepperidge Farm® Cracker Chips crumbs, turning them into the most crispiest chicken ever! I also made a simple maple mustard sauce for dipping your chicken.
I used Cracker Chips, specifically the Savoury Multigrain ones, and I turned them into crumbs in my trusted old food processor. They’re so yummy and flavorful that you don’t really need a lot of seasoning for your chicken, though I still seasoned my chicken tenders with just a bit of salt and pepper.
Then all you have to do is dredge the chicken tenders in some egg, then in the Cracker Chip crumbs and bake them. I know some of you may wonder if you can fry them and of course you can, totally up to you, but I baked mine for about 30 to 35 minutes at 375 F degrees and you seriously end up with super crispy chicken. The maple mustard dipping sauce I made is really easy to make, all you need are 3 ingredients: maple syrup, mustard, and plain yogurt.
And that’s it. Really easy, right? Now you know my secret to oven “fried” crispy chicken. You can also use chicken breast, chicken thighs, even chicken drumsticks. No matter what, you’ll always enjoy crispy chicken.
Oven Fried Breaded Chicken Tenders with Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce - a simple recipe for delicious crispy baked chicken tenders.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farm® Cracker Chip
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly season chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Add Cracker Chips to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Pour Cracker Chip crumbs onto a shallow plate. In another shallow plate beat one egg.
- Dip chicken tenders first in egg then in Cracker Chip crumbs making sure they're fully covered in crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake around 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is baking whisk all the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a small bowl. Serve chicken tenders with maple mustard dipping sauce.