Last updated on November 20th, 2017 at 05:13 pm
Rigatoni in Blush Sauce with Chicken and Bacon – delicious creamy and cheesy pasta, dinner in 30 minutes.
I love long weekends, I especially love the fact that I have more time to do the things I enjoy doing and don’t have to rush and get everything done. As much as I love long weekends, I hate when they are over.
Yesterday was Labor day and I know everyone makes burgers and hot dogs for these long weekends, but I was in the mood for pasta, plus I can have leftovers to take to work for lunch.
I for one love pasta dishes, my husband not so much, so that’s why there are always left overs. But you know why I love pasta dishes? Because they are so easy to make and because you can just throw whatever you have in your fridge and make one delicious meal.
So that’s what I did for this pasta dish, I did not use a recipe, but used whatever ingredients I had. I had some chicken breasts and some bacon so that’s what I threw in my pasta.
The sauce is very simple to make, chicken, bacon, onion, diced tomatoes and I threw in some sour cream to turn it into a blush sauce. I also added some hot sauce to spice it up a bit. I only used half a package of rigatoni here because I only wanted 4 servings, but feel free to double the recipe.
This pasta turned out amazing, so delicious, creamy and cheesy. You’ll love it.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Rigatoni in Blush Sauce with Chicken and Bacon
- 1/2 lb rigatoni pasta cooked according to package instructions
- 1 chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp hot sauce I used Frank's
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (1 whole can)
- fresh basil chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- In a large skillet, add the bacon and cook it until it starts rendering some fat. Add the chicken, onion and garlic and cook until chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through. Add diced tomatoes, water, basil, hot sauce, and cook for 10 minutes. Add sour cream and stir. If needed add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta to the skillet, add the mozzarella cheese and toss it all together to make sure all pasta is covered in the cheese and sauce.
- Grate with fresh Parmesan cheese and serve warm.