Last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 03:22 pm
Sticky Chinese Chicken Wings – tons of flavor and perfect to the very last bite.
I love chicken wings.
There is a restaurant here in Calgary that has at a least a dozen different types of chicken wings and every time I go there, I always say to myself that I should make them at home. I do make chicken wings at home every once in a while but I do like to try new recipes or new ways of cooking something.
And that’s what I did with these wings. I made them differently. I cooked them and I baked them. But before cooking them and baking them I marinated them over night. Let me just say these were the best wings I ever ate.
Why did I cook them, you ask? Well here’s the thing. They marinate over night in this wonderful marinade, and I thought if I bake them directly, because this marinade is sweet, it does have honey in it, the wings might burn in the oven, and they will not cook through and I do not like raw wings. So what I did, is I poured the entire marinade with the wings and all in a big pot and turned the heat up high and cooked them for about 15 minutes. This also ensured that the wings really soaked up that marinade. Then I placed them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and baked them in a preheated oven at 400 F degrees for another 25 to 30 minutes.
They came out perfect. They looked perfect, they were sticky, and they tasted amazing. There was tons of flavor from the marinade, they were simply delicious.
Sticky Chinese Chicken WingsPrint Pin Rate
- If your chicken wings are whole, cut them into 3 pieces at the joints and discard wing tips.
- Mix all ingredients except the wings in a large bowl and whisk.
- Add the wings to the marinade, toss them around and make sure they are fully covered in the marinade.
- Refrigerate over night, or at least for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Pour the marinade and the wings in a big pot and cook over high heat for 15 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the wings on the baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, making sure not to burn them.
- Garnish with chives and serve hot.