30 Minute Skillet Chicken Enchilada Pasta that is easy to make and very delicious. It’s made with chicken and enchilada sauce and takes less than 30 minutes!
Why is it that the weekends go by so quick? It’s already Sunday and I hate Sunday nights, only because I have to go to bed early so I can wake up early on Mondays. I love my Friday and Saturday nights. I wish every night was Friday or Saturday. I sound like a child but it’s true. I truly love my weekends. I live for my weekends. Maybe because winters here are so long I feel the need to hibernate. I’m the type of person that can probably never leave home if I worked from home all the time. I’d be perfectly happy never leaving the house, just putzing around the kitchen. I’d never be bored, I would have so many projects going on. Ah, a girl can dream!
So you guys, this chicken enchilada pasta is to die for. Is it healthy you ask? Well I used brown rice elbow pasta, so does that make it healthy? It makes it healthier! And really what are the bad ingredients here? I only used a tablespoon of olive oil and olive oil is good for you. And cheese, well can I just say cheese doesn’t count! Cheese is one of my favorite foods. I cannot imagine life without cheese. But if you are watching your waist line you can add less cheese, but other than this dish is pretty healthy.
But forget about healthy for a minute. Look at how beautiful this looks and the color of that enchilada sauce and how it nicely coats the pasta, and how goooey oooey and cheesy it is. It’s good! It’s damn good! I had two portions yesterday, for lunch and dinner. I dreamt about it last night, I almost had it for breakfast. Its deliciousness is forever imprinted on my brain. I can’t stop thinking about it!
This chicken enchilada pasta will be your best friend. So let’s talk about this brown rice pasta for a minute. First of all, it’s gluten free, so extra bonus points there. Secondly, I tell you the truth here, I could not tell the difference between this brown rice pasta and regular pasta. Tastes the same to me. It even looks the same to me! Yes it definitely is more expensive but if you are trying to be healthier and you want pasta every once in a while, then this brown rice pasta is totally worth it.
And now enough about that, here’s the recipe, so you can all make this fabulicious dish.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
30 Minute Skillet Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 10 oz elbow pasta dry, I used brown rice elbow pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz enchilada sauce
- 15 oz black beans 1 can
- 1/4 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 - 2 cups Tex Mex cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley for garnish
- Start by boiling the pasta only for about 3 to 5 minutes, you do not want it cooked through. Drain it and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and add the chicken breasts to it. Cook the chicken until it's no longer pink, so it should be white, then add the chopped onion and garlic to the skillet. Cook for another 3 minutes, until the onion softens and the chicken is cooked through.
- Wash and drain the black beans. Add the black beans to the skillet, along with the enchilada sauce, chicken broth, heavy cream, salsa and half of the cheese. Stir and let it cook until the pasta cooks. It will absorb most of the sauce.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top and place under the broiler for a couple minutes just until the cheese gets golden. Garnish with parsley and serve.