Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups – 4 simple ingredients turn into the perfect game day appetizer. Shredded chicken, enchilada sauce plus cheese equals delicious.
I’m not a Super Bowl fan and neither is my husband, but you know what, that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the food. So in honor of Superbowl I made these chicken enchilada roll ups for you all. I know you will love these.
I’ve been a bit obsessed with chicken enchilada anything lately. When I think of what to cook, the only thing that comes to mind is chicken enchilada. Of course I can’t make the same thing over and over, I want to try different things, so I experiment a lot and these roll ups are my latest creation.
I had to make something my super picky husband would eat, and I know he loves antojitos so I thought why not make something similar but fill them with chicken enchilada. You know sometimes the simplest ideas turn into the most delicious food. And this is what this here is, delicious chicken enchilada roll ups. If you make these please make sure you serve them with lime wedges, trust me on this one, as you squeeze some lime juice over these roll ups, it adds a new dimension to the flavors and turns these puppies into flavor bombs.
Happy Superbowl Sunday, my friends! A simple recipe, perfect for game day…or any day!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups
- 2 cooked chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 3/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cheese I used Monterey Jack
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Shred the chicken and add to a large bowl. Pour enchilada sauce over chicken and add cheese. Toss everything together so that the chicken is fully coated in the sauce and covered in cheese.
- Spread a 1/4 of the mixture of a large tortilla and roll tightly. Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices using a serrated knife. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken.
- Bake for 10 minutes.