This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tuscan Chicken – a delicious chicken dish made with cherry tomatoes and olives. Simple, fabulous and very healthy as it’s also carb free.
Do you guys ever have one of those crazy weeks where you just can’t get enough time in the day to do everything you need to do, like work a full time job, cook dinner, clean up the kitchen, grocery shopping, etc, etc, etc. Well I’m having one of those weeks. There just doesn’t seem enough hours in the day to do everything I need to, so finally today I said to myself I’m not going to do anything else after work except make dinner and relax by blogging. I know I’m weird but I really do find blogging relaxing.
So since it’s been a crazy week, my dear husband made dinner the other day which I can’t begin to tell you how wonderful it is. He made this amazing Tuscan chicken which was so delicious and flavorful. The great thing about this dish is that it’s a one pot dinner and it’s simple, colorful and fabulous.
We used fresh cherry tomatoes and Kalamata olives. If you’ve never used olives in a dish you really should try it, they’re amazing. You could serve this over rice or noodles, or simple as we did just by itself then you can soak up all those wonderful juices with some good crusty bread.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to skillet and brown for five minutes on each side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for three to four minutes. Deglaze pan with wine, scraping to loosen the brown bits. Add tomatoes, olives, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper to taste, and one tablespoon of chopped basil. Saute for two to three minutes.
- Nestle chicken in tomato mixture. Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with the remainder of basil and/or parsley and serve.