This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fresh sole fish served over a delicious and healthy pea salad! A simple yet elegant and healthy meal!
Today was a beautiful and perfect day, though it didn’t start out that way. In the morning it was cold and rainy but as the afternoon approached the sun came out and it warmed up. We lazed around on the deck, cooked a bit, ate and drank, talked and laughed. It was a perfect day. It’s days like this when I wonder what it would be like to do my blogging full time and quit my hectic and stressful job. Get up whenever I want, work in my pj’s and take breaks whenever I feel like it.
Though I know better. When weekends come, I wake up at the crack of dawn, I get on my computer and read email, answer questions and comments, do my social networking, figure out what I’m going to cook and get my list of ingredients ready. Luckily I have a great husband and I can send him shopping to get everything I need and by 9 or 10 in the morning I can start my cooking and photography. I cook and take pictures until it gets dark outside and I can’t take anymore pictures. Most weekends hubs is right there in the kitchen cooking with me and we have loads of fun together. That’s a typical weekend for me. I love my blog and I love my readers, yes you, and if I could I’d spend all my free time here.
Maybe some day I will, but I wonder if I’d miss having a job, socializing with co-workers, being challenged and working on projects that sometimes take years to finish. It’s what I’ve always done and have done it for 20 years. So for now I’ll keep my blogging as a hobby and maybe some day, who knows!
How about a tender lemony fish dinner tonight? With a light and tasty pea salad? Why not!
Sometimes I think I don’t get enough seafood in my diet so every once in a while I try and leave my chicken comfort zone and make fish. So here’s the thing. To me fish doesn’t pack a lot of taste, kind of like tofu. But I know that if you cook it right it can be so delicious and so tasty!
This recipe is so simple and I’ve used sole fish, but I think cod or tilapia would work as well. The fish is lightly marinated in lemon, olive oil and roasted garlic marinade and baked to perfection. To serve I made a healthy, yet very tasty pea salad with red bell peppers and dill, lots of dill.
A simple, yet elegant, delicious and super healthy meal!
And here are some fish jokes:
Q: What did the fish say when he posted bail?
A: I’m off the hook!
Q: Why don’t fish like basketball?
A: Cause they’re afraid of the net
Q: Which fish can perform operations?
A: A Sturgeon!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Fresh Sole Fish with Pea Salad
- 4 sole fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas thawed
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- In a small bowl add the minced garlic, 3 tbsp of olive oil, juice of one lemon and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the marinade well. Add the fish to a baking dish and pour marinade over. Toss the fish around a bit in the marinade, careful as not to break it, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- Spoon out most of the marinade from the fish and place fish in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until done. While the fish is baking, heat one tbsp of olive oil in a skillet then add the chopped onion and red bell pepper. Saute for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add zest from one lemon, a bit of salt and pepper and the thawed peas to the skillet and saute for another 5 to 8 minutes. Add the dill, mix well and pour the pea salad into a bowl.
- Serve by spooning pea salad on a dish and placing a fish fillet on top.