Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:41 am
I got this recipe from my husband’s friend so I decided to try it today because I had a turkey breast in the freezer. It is super easy to make and it makes for a very light dinner, needless to say you could have it for lunch as well. This dish is especially perfect if you’re on Atkins diet or some other sort of low carb diet. It took me about 10 minutes to put it together and it turned out absolutely divine.
Start off by cleaning 3 garlic cloves.
Mince the garlic.
I used half a pablano pepper for this and chopped it in small pieces, but you can use any hot pepper you like.
In a small bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, garlic, pablano pepper, and some chili flakes. Also add some rosemary and basil.
Mix everything together.
So I used one turkey breast and I cut it in 3/4 inch slices.
Take a ziploc bag and add the turkey and the marinade. Close the ziploc bag and shake it well making sure all the turkey breast is well covered in the marinade.
Now you need to marinade this for a couple hours in the fridge. After a couple hours place the chicken in a baking dish.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 375 F degrees for about 40 minutes. After 40 minutes take the turkey out of the oven, uncover it and place it back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
After another 20 minutes take the turkey out, spoon over each piece of turkey breast a spoonful of diced tomatoes, a few sliced olives and top off with crumbled feta cheese. Place back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
I like to serve it with some chopped parsley only because the turkey looks gorgeous with some green garnish on it.
Greek Style Turkey BreastPrint Pin Rate
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, hablano, garlic, chili flakes, salt, pepper, rosemary, and basil and mix well.
- In a ziploc bag add the turkey and marinade, close the ziploc bag and shake well. Place the bag in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Place the turkey and the marinade in a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and remove the aluminum foil and continue baking for another 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, on each piece of turkey, place a tablespoon of diced tomatoes, some olives and the crumbled feta. Return to oven and bake for another 10 or 15 minutes.
- Serve with parsley as garnish.