Mini Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with avocados and loads of cheese. Perfect summer lunch.
If you’re not a fan of smoked salmon you will not like these quesadillas. Of course you could always substitute chicken instead of salmon and they would be just as great. I call these quesadillas mini because I used small 6″ corn tortillas for them and they ware so adorable and delectable. Quesadillas are one of my favorites, probably because of the cheese, I love anything with cheese on it. 😀
I got this idea for these smoked salmon quesadillas because my husband bought some smoked salmon that I needed for a salad, but he bought two packages which was too much. I had already bought these mini tortillas, when I saw them, I thought they were so cute and all that would go through my head was quesadillas. So I had corn tortillas and smoked salmon so why not make a smoked salmon quesadilla. Great idea, they turned out great. I decided to make some guacamole for them, I personally love guacamole, so you could put the guacamole on the quesadilla or serve it on the side, totally up to you.
To make these, first I made the guacamole which is very simple, I used 3 simple ingredients for it, avocado, little cocktail tomatoes and lemon juice. You could also add some salt and pepper to it.
Just mash up the avocado with a fork in a small bowl, chop up tomatoes and add it to the avocado bowl. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and you’ve got yourself a nice guacamole. I used this beautiful smoked salmon which I shredded with a fork. You’ll need about 2 cups for this recipe.
You’ll also need some shredded cheese, I mixed mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and some smoked cheese. Altogether you’ll need about 2 cups of cheese.
Now comes the fun part. In a non stick pan, add a dab of butter and turn the heat over medium. Wait for the butter to be melted and then add one tortilla. Sprinkle a little bit of the cheese over the tortilla. Now add some of the smoked salmon, you don’t have to put too much, just to cover most of the tortilla. Now add about a tablespoon or so of the guacamole.
And then again I add another sprinkling of cheese so that the top tortilla stays on once the cheese melts.
And finally add the top tortilla. Press it down with a spatula or a pancake turner and flip it over. Leave the quesadilla on there for another minute or so, you just want to make sure the cheese is melted and then remove from pan. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. This recipe will make 5 quesadillas.
Serve them warm with sour cream and salsa on the side. They were delicious and a great lunch idea.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Mini Smoked Salmon Quesadillas
- 2 cups smoked salmon shredded
- 2 cups mixed cheese mozzarella, smoked cheese and cheddar
- 1 avocado
- 3 cocktail tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 10 small corn tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp butter
- salsa optional
- sour cream optional
- First make the guacamole, so in a small bowl, mash the avocado. Chop the tomatoes in small pieces and add the tomatoes to the avocado bowl. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- Shred the smoked salmon using a fork. Shred the cheese.
- In a non stick pan, add a dab of butter and heat it over medium heat. When the butter has melted add a corn tortilla. Over the tortilla add cheese, smoked salmon, guacamole, and another layer of cheese. Top with another corn tortilla and flip the quesadilla over. Cook for another min until the cheese melts.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve warm with sour cream and salsa on the side.