Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:40 am
Yesterday was a gorgeous day here in Calgary. Sun was shining, not too hot, great for a BBQ day. Today, not so much. But at least we took advantage of the weather yesterday and made these gorgeous turkey kabobs. It was my husband’s idea and it was a great idea.
I haven’t had kabobs in a long time, so they were very welcomed. These kabobs were just fabulous, and need I mention how super easy they are to make? The secret to these kabobs though, was the garlic sauce my husband put on them. I had some left over garlic sauce (you can find the recipe here) and before the kabobs were done, he just brushed some over them and boy I think that just gave them that extra kick.
These turkey kabobs were very simple indeed. The veggies we used were mushrooms, onions and 2 different color bell peppers.
I had this gorgeous skinless boneless turkey breast that I cut into cubes and just gave it some salt and pepper.
Now comes the easy part, assembling them. However I should mention that if you’re using wood skewers like we were, you should soak them in water for about 30 minutes prior to grilling the kabobs, just so they won’t burn. Assemble your kabobs by adding a piece of mushroom, pepper, onion, meat and repeat until you get to the end of the skewer. Repeat until you run out of ingredients. I got 7 skewers in total from my ingredients.
Grill these until the meat is cooked through, it won’t take too long, about 10 minutes, and watch them and turn them as necessary.
Before they are ready you can brush them with the garlic sauce I mentioned above, or with the BBQ sauce of your choice. Serve them over rice or like we did with a salad.
They were just delicious and very healthy.
Turkey KabobsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb skinless boneless turkey breast cut in cubes
- 2 bell peppers cleaned and cut different colors
- 1 large onion chopped in large pieces
- 21 large mushrooms
- garlic sauce or bbq sauce optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the skewers in water 30 min prior to cooking
- Preheat your grill.
- Clean and chop all your vegetables.
- Clean and cut the turkey in cubes.
- Assemble the skewers by adding a mushroom, piece of onion, pepper and meat and repeat till you reach the end of the skewers.
- Repeat until you run out of ingredients.
- Grill for about 10 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked.